Last Modified: May 15, 2019
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you shall not access or use the Website.
(3) Accessing the Website and Account Security. The Company reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material the Company provides on the Website, in its sole discretion without notice. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, the Company may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
(a) Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website; and
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of the Company’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify the Company immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
(4) Intellectual Property Rights. The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement of intellectual property, are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
(a) Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
(b) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes;
(c) You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution;
(d) If the Company provides desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by the Company’s end user license agreement for such applications; and
(e) If the Company provides social media features https://www.theartemiscompany.org , https://www.facebook.com/theartemiscompany , https://www.instagram.com/theartemiscompany/ , https://twitter.com/theartemiscomp , with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You shall not:
(a) Modify copies of any materials from the Website;
(b) Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text;
(c) Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website; or
(d) Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(a) In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation, including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries;
(b) For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
(d) To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without the Company’s prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation;
(e) To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity, including by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the above listed; or
(f) To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by the Company, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you shall not:
(a) Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
(b) Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
(d) Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website;
(e) Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
(f) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website;
(g) Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
(h) Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
(6) User Contributions. The Website may contain interactive features, including but not limited to, message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (a “Post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant the Company and the Company’s affiliates and service providers, and each of their and the Company’s respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to the Company and the Company’s affiliates and service providers, and each of their and the Company’s respective licensees, successors, and assigns; and
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
The Company is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
(7) Monitoring, Enforcement, and Termination. The Company has the right to:
(a) Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in its sole discretion;
(c) Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
(d) Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website; and/or
Without limiting the foregoing, the Company has the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing it to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY, SUCH PARTIES, OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, the Company cannot review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, the Company assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. The Company has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
(8) Content Standards. These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, ocal, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions shall not:
(a) Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
(b) Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
(c) Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
(e) Be likely to deceive any person;
(f) Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
(g) Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
(h) Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
(i) Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising; or
(j) Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by the Company or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
(9) Copyright Infringement. If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy https://theartemiscompany.org/copyright-policy/ for instructions on sending the Company a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of the Company to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
(10) Reliance on Information Posted. The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. The Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. The Company disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. The Company is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
(11) Changes to the Website. The Company may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and the Company is under no obligation to update such material.
(14) Linking to the Website and Social Media Features. You may link to the Company’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Company’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on the Company’s behalf without its express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
(a) Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website;
(b) Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website; or
(c) Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by the Company and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions the Company provides with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
(a) Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you;
(b) Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking;
(c) Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage; or
You agree to cooperate with the Company in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. The Company reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Company may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in its discretion.
(15) Links from the Website. If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. The Company has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
(16) Geographic Restrictions. The owner of the Website is based in the State of Alabama in the United States. The Company provides this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. The Company makes no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
(17) Disclaimer of Warranties. You understand that the Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Company’s site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, THROUGH YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, OR THROUGH ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE WEBSITE.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(18) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
(25) Your Comments and Concerns. This website is operated by The Artemis Company, LLC. All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in the Company’s Copyright Policy https://theartemiscompany.org/copyright-policy/ in the manner and by the means prescribed. All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.