The Artemis Company Website Disclaimer
(1) Introduction. The informational materials and programs on this site are to assist your learning about self-defense for yourself and your family. It is meant to be used as a guide but should not be considered as a complete resource on this subject. Links to other informational websites may be included as additional sources of information.
(2) No Guarantees. The Artemis Company, LLC (the “Company”) does not offer any guarantee, stated or implied, that you will be able to protect yourself in every confrontation you are faced with. These are only examples of techniques that may be used. You understand that the Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or theartemiscompany.org (the “Website”) will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Company’s site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
(3) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. THE COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF PROVIDING THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS, OR THAT MAY ARISE WITH RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITES MAINTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES LINKED TO FROM THIS WEBSITE.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE COMPANY’S SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
(4) ASSUMPTION OF RISK. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED BY THE USE OF ANY GOODS IN THE PRACTICE OF ANY TECHNIQUE OR PROGRAM, WHETHER IN TERMS OF GENERAL EFFECTIVENESS, SUCCESS OR FAILURE, OPERATING COSTS, REGARDLESS OF ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENTS MADE BY THE COMPANY, BY WAY OF TECHNICAL ADVICE OR OTHERWISE, RELATED TO THE USE OF THE GOODS.
(5) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
(a) YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE;
(b) ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE;
(c) ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES; AND
(d) THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR REFERENCED THROUGH THE WEBSITE; OR
(e) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAMS OR TECHNIQUES PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE.
THIS INCLUDES ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
(6) Offensive Material Disclaimer. Certain videos or material on the Website may be graphic, sexually explicit, or contain sensitive content. Please do not use this Website if you would find these materials offensive.
(7) Weapon Purchase Disclaimer. By purchasing a self-defense item from the Company, the buyer agrees to the following:
(a) that it is the sole responsibility of the buyer to determine the legality of the product in the jurisdiction where buyer intends to possess and use the product;
(b) the buyer warrants that he or she is at least 18 years old and that he or she has researched all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership, and use of the self-defense item; and
(c) the buyer further warrants that he or she is in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership, and use of the self-defense item.
(8) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. By purchasing a self-defense item, the buyer understands and agrees to the following: THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE BUYER MAY LEGALLY PURCHASE, POSSESS, OR CARRY THESE PRODUCTS ACCORDING TO ANY STATE OR LOCAL LAWS.
THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, WHICH ARISE OUT OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE OR OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE REFERENCED OR PURCHASED ON THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, EQUITY, STATUTE, OR BY WAY OF ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN FORESEEN. THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (C) WARRANTY OF TITLE, OR (D) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
(9) Indemnity Agreement. The buyer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, ownership, and use of the item in compliance or violation of federal, state, and local laws or regulations.
(10) Health Disclaimer. The Company strongly recommends that you not rely upon or follow the programs, techniques or use any of the products and services made available by or through the use of this site without first obtaining the advice of a physician or other health care professional. The information, programs, and products made available by or through the use of this Website are provided for use by persons who have satisfied themselves as to the appropriateness of its use for themselves after obtaining the advice of a physician or other health care professional. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before practicing or using any of the information, programs, and products provided on this Website to determine if it is safe for you.
This is particularly true if you (or your family) have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you have ever experienced chest pain when exercising or have experienced chest pain in the past month when not engaged in physical activity, smoke, have high cholesterol, are obese, or have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in physical activity. Do not practice, use, or engage in any products or services provided by this Website if your physician or health care provider advises against it. If you experience faintness, dizziness, pain, or shortness of breath at any time while using any of these programs, products, or techniques, you should stop immediately.
You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this Website. The use of any information provided on this Website is solely at your own risk.
If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately.